Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Silence, Not So Much

It's been a while since I've sat and wrote. Been neglecting this blog and myself in various forms. I find myself in yet another space of personal transition which I embrace. I have been spending more time on the front porch, blackberry wine or whatever is in the frig. So eager to talk about next steps, next phase of my life that I recognized that I'm trying to skip right pass where I am today. In this moment. Feeling deserving and good enough and prepared. Committed to living the work that my dreams require. It really is that simple. I believe I am beginning to understand what my elders meant by "standing in your light". How frequently have I repeated those words to urge others onward to their greatness. I'm sitting here on the porch with the street lamp on, my laptop battery low, cell phone off and cackling as I type my truth. Decided today that I'll write when I have some words and not just all of the words. I'll write because however it comes to me is how it comes to me. Stop worrying about somebody else's format. Just write cuz silence, not so much. Feeling unapologetically me tonight. Cheers, standupsistah

No comments:

Post a Comment